Professional opera singer and single mother with 8 year old boy living in the Upper West Side of New York City is seeking an educated, experienced, professional and organized Full-Time Nanny/Family Assistant. Schedule will be approximately 40-50 hours per week on five or six days per week (including weekdays and weekends). Principal will ensure nanny has schedule about one week in advance (when she receives her schedule), but flexibility is required with scheduling as last minute trips and performances arise. Nanny should be comfortable working many days consecutively (e.g., if traveling for four+ weeks at a time). Approximately 15-20+ weeks of international and domestic travel per year is required and approximately 3-4+ weeks of overnights at apartment annually are required when principal is traveling without child. Child is enrolled in private international school, which is a short subway distance from the family’s apartment. Nanny/Family Assistant must be collaborative to work directly with principal on a daily basis, warm, nurturing, calm confidence and demeanor, discreet, assertive, proactive, resourceful, self starter, organized, detail oriented, hard working, service focused, kind, professional, ability to multi-task and wear many hats, respectful and capable of maintaining discretion. Candidates must have previous experience in similar position(s) that include nanny experience along with family assistant responsibilities. Family is seeking local New York (e.g., Manhattan, Brooklyn, New Jersey, etc.) candidates that are open to any potential location in the future. Start date is ASAP, but flexible for the right candidate.
• Experienced with play-based learning and creating educational activities (e.g., planned engaging activities at home, developmentally appropriate games and activities, engaging projects and crafts, scheduled outings, etc.)
• Knowledgeable about child development (e.g., firm when necessary and capable of teaching child manners and etiquette, but also capable of being laid back and fun)
• Support teaching and reinforcement of manners and other social skills
• Provide developmentally appropriate games and activities, engaging projects and crafts at home and schedule/plan fun outings and events
• Assist child with homework, school projects, studying for tests, etc. and keep parent informed of progress and needs
• Transporting child to and from school, activities, play dates, camps, etc.
• Fresh and healthy meal planning and preparation for family
• Pack child’s healthy lunches and bags for the following day (e.g., ensure all school work is completed, pack gear for sports and/or activities, etc.)
• Laundry for family
• Inventory checklists for household items, food, child’s essentials, principal’s essentials, etc. and ordering through Amazon, Instacart, etc.
• Responsible for running errands (e.g., shopping for home supplies, returns, purchasing school supplies for beginning of school year and needed throughout the year, purchasing gifts for birthday parties child is attending, and other requested items)
• Responsible for handling things around the apartment (e.g., receiving deliveries, service providers, sending emails, going through mail and sorting bills and junk, etc.)
• Responsible for organizational projects (e.g., child’s bedroom, closet, rotating clothes seasonally, getting rid of outgrown toys, taking things for donation, etc.)
• Ensure pantry and refrigerator are properly stocked
• Managing family calendars
• Scheduling and maintaining calendars for child and principal, registering for activities/camps/etc., planning play dates/outings with friends, etc.
• Manage household petty cash (including proper documentation) and submission of house credit card purchases/receipts
• Assistance with travel arrangements and ensuring all logistics are planned in advance
• Packing child for trips/travel
• Schedule meetings with principal as needed to discuss their schedule, child’s schedule, travel plans, upcoming events, special projects, etc.
• Capable of building good rapport with similar aged children/teenagers (intellectual and curiosity about world to engage child)
• Ability to travel internationally and domestically whenever necessary
• Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, excellent time management, efficient and service focused
• Attentive to Principal’s preferences and style (intuitive to their needs)
• Observant to the needs of family and home to anticipate their needs
• Ability to maintain discretion (confidentiality agreement is required)
• Ability to be discreet with respect for employer’s privacy
• Professional presentation of self and great personality
• Ability to easily take direction
• Strong ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with Principal (extension of parent and consistent childcare philosophies)
• Strong technology skills and experienced working with Macintosh and PC
• Seeking longevity/long term commitment (e.g., at least 2-5+ years)
• Positive attitude and ability to handle condos with ease and calm demeanor
• Active and fit (e.g., swimming, snow ski, riding bicycle, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experienced working with similar aged children (e.g., tweens, teenagers, etc.)
• 2-5+ years of full-time consistent and recent domestic experience working as a nanny/family assistant
• 3-4 references from professional positions
• Live a close proximity to family’s apartment in Upper West Side
• Ability to complete extensive background checks, motor vehicle checks and drug tests
• Driver’s license and clean driving record
• CPR Certification
• $60-70K gross annual salary (based on experience and qualifications)
• Health insurance stipend (negotiable if desirable to candidate)
• Three weeks (15 days) paid vacation
• Discretionary annual bonus and raise (performance evaluation required)
Please read the job description carefully and kindly apply with your cover letter, resume, references (email address and phone number), letter(s) of recommendation and professional photo if you meet all of the requirements. Submit through our website at www.strollersandstilettos.com/job-opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!