Family living in South Loop of Chicago with 10 year old boy is seeking a professional, experienced and educated part-time nanny. The schedule is on Monday – Friday at 2:00pm-6:00pm and/or 3:00pm-7:00pm, guaranteed 20 hours per week. The family is flexible for someone to work only four days per week, if that is best for ideal candidate. It is ideal, but not required for nanny to work full days when child is off of school for holidays, breaks, summer, etc. The position requires flexibility as family’s schedule changes at various times in the year (e.g., summer, school holidays, travel, etc.). Child attends school at Catherine Cook in Old Town, which is a short driving distance from the family’s home. Nanny is responsible for assisting family for approximately 30 minutes per day before school pick up with unloading dishwasher, folding laundry, running errands, etc. Safe vehicle for transportation is not required, as nanny will be driving family’s vehicle. Start date is flexible for the right candidate.
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• 2+ years of nanny experience with similar aged children
• Driver’s license and clean driving record
• Seeking longevity (e.g., at least two+ year commitment)
• Experienced working with children that have food allergies
• Willing to assist child with homework and school projects
• Willing to transport child from school, activities, appointments, etc.
• Flexible schedule
• Understand the importance of maintaining discretion (Confidentiality agreement is required)
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledgeable about child development (e.g., firm when necessary and capable of teaching children manners and etiquette, but also capable of being laid back and fun)
• House management tasks (e.g., child’s laundry, running errands, transporting child, unloading dishwasher, etc.)
• Calming demeanor
• Proactive and take initiative to get things done
• Ability to multi-task
• Willing to assist with day-to-day functioning of a busy family and household.
• $20-25 per hour gross (depending on experience and background)
Interested applicants should submit their application materials (e.g., cover letter, resume, references including email address and phone number and letters of recommendation) through our website under job opportunities: www.strollersandstilettos.com/job-opportunities.